Thursday, April 30, 2009

To My Beloved Millenium...

Today, at 7.25pm, was the last time i saw Millenium,
my cream coloured Spitz.
she was born on exactly 1st of January year 2000.
hence, the name Millenium.
eventhough it was a pretty long name,

but she responded to it no matter what.

she was my first dog.

and the cause of her death was mine to blame i guess.
if i would to play with her more often,
took her for more walks, then maybe,
this day wouldnt have come so soon.

She came into the family when she was 3 months old.
i was 11 at that time.

i was still staying at eng ann at that time.
she moved with us to Andalas.

when she was still a puppy, her favourite was milk and bread.
i remember sitting outside her cage with a few slices
of bread and a bowl of milk and feed her.
shes quite ganas la. and she loves to jump on people.
due to this, my parents wouldnt
allow her to run around freely.


since she was young she was always caged up.

and right now i feel very guilty for leaving her in
her cage for her entire life.
and i know how much a dog hates being chained up
and left in a cage.

i was a Jeff's cafe at that time with stephy when

my phone rang and a message from Kyleen read,
"ian, where are you? you better come home now.
the dog died"
for a split second i thought it was a joke.

i called her. and it was for real. she needn't tell me
which one. deep inside, i already know which.
and i hate myself for it. i rushed back. only to be able
to see it for another 5-10 min before my dad's employee

came and took it away to be buried at a land that my
family own. i wish i could follow and bury her myself.

she died of unknown reasons. maybe of old age and obese.
my maid noticed she had never moved since 12 this afternoon.

and she was only declared gone at around 6 plus.
but her body was still warm when i got back.

even though she was a family dog,
i always felt she was mine. i bath her, i play with her
i take her out of her cage, i took her for walks.

i always felt it was unfair cuz it was always me who was
responsible for the dog. and when my sisters as well

wanted her. and in the end it was me that bath her and
took care of her. but now,

i wish i could have done better for her.
i wish i could have took better care of her.

and i kick myself over for not taking her for walks more often
or spending more time with her. u only appreciate something
when its gone. and by the time u realize it, its too late.


but this is reality, and as much as i didnt want her to go, she did.
and with this said, i'll miss you Millenium. and i'll never ever replace
you and Millenium will always be you. You'll be in my memories

forever.

and i'll end this post with a few pictures of her after she had gone.
and how she lived.


Goodbye Millenium, i'll miss you....

No comments:

Post a Comment